Meet the baby whisperer
I understand that choosing a newborn baby photographer is an important decision, so here’s a little about me to help you get to know me better:
I live in Isleworth, Middlesex, and have a dedicated studio at my home for capturing newborn and baby portraits. I’m a mum to two girls, aged 7 and 9, whose crazy antics light up my life and never fail to make me laugh. My youngest moved up to the Juniors at school in September and I’m slowly having to accept that my ‘babies’ really aren’t babies any more.
My family means everything to me and I love that I live less than a mile from my parents’ home in Whitton, where I grew up – it also means the grandparents are close by for babysitting duties too!
As a child I always loved flicking through photo albums, whether it was to marvel at how much I’d grown or to laugh at my parents’ awful 70s hairstyles – preserved forever by Kodak. Even now those treasured heirlooms never get boring and it’s wonderful to compare what my children looked like as babies and toddlers to myself and my parents at the same age.
Since I can remember, I’ve enjoyed taking photographs of people and places, right back to owning my first camera (a Minolta compact, if I remember rightly) and promptly dropping it in the sea in Somerset while trying to take pictures of crabs in rock pools. Oops!
I learned how to use a manual SLR camera in my teens and spent countless hours in the darkroom, learning the art of developing my films and creating prints that did justice to my artistic vision. The natural world and landscapes were always my passions, but it was after my first child was born in 2010 that I truly fell in love with portrait photography.
These days my camera comes with me everywhere: on picnics, excursions, to lunch at the in-laws in Shepperton, trips to the beach, parties and holidays.
Even in this digital age, I believe beautiful photos are made to be printed and enjoyed in your home every day. Once your experience with me is complete, you will have stunning artwork of your favourite images either hanging on your wall, as an album or as fine art prints to look at and enjoy now and for years to come.
You can read more about My Philosophy here or visit the Pricing page to find out more about the wonderful products available for purchase after your session.
To Put Your Mind at Ease:
I have trained with some of the UK’s best and most highly rated baby photographers, who all place an emphasis on newborn safety.
I have £2m Public Liability insurance.
A Few Fun Facts:
- I’m only 5ft 3in tall, but a keen basketball player
- I’ve travelled to 23 countries in the world
- My husband and I got married by a frozen waterfall in -14C temperatures in the snowy Rocky Mountains, but I still wore a strapless wedding dress. We took our girls there for a skiing trip this winter to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary and it was every bit as beautiful there as I remember! ‘
- I’m a trained journalist, so I listen and observe and know exactly what makes a good story
My Bucket List Top 3 (or holidays I would love to take!)
- Experiencing the Northern Lights on an Arctic Circle adventure
- Going night-time snowboarding in Japan
- Touring the Amalfi Coast in Italy and being wined and dined along the way